Wednesday, June 26, 2013

How to plant acorns

This was an experiment from last year that turned out far better than I expected.  My starting materials were saw oak acorns I collected fresh off the tree in late August, and boletes from the shopping mall.  No, they don't sell boletes at the shopping mall, they overmulch and overwater their oak trees in the parking lot, so right after a heavy rain, there is usually a new flush of them free for the collecting. Here's what I came home with. 





The bucket contains a mix of 50:50 composted manure and peat moss, the acorns get dumped into the bucket, and then the boletes go into the blender with some water.  The bolete gazpacho then goes into the bucket and it is time to plant some acorns. 

Next post I will let you know how it turned out.



No comments:

Post a Comment